02/12/2011

Thank you India

I left Himachal Pradesh with a heavy heart. I've had to say goodbye so many times on this journey of mine, this time was particularly hard, having met such pure hearts, mine ached to leave them. But my pre-booked train ticket had other plans for me (tickets are hard to come by, so booking in advance is the only way to get them- the slow journey across the Indian countryside was worth it though). So my next adventures to Agra, Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata revealed humorous Indian 'airconditioners', giant gold statues, wish lakes, the best pistachio and banana lassi, sandstone forts, rice fields, decorated horses, devastating poverty like I have never seen before, the palace of love,  humble living, toll barrier-breaking rickshaw drivers, train fast-food, gompas, bangles in every colour, Moghul design pretties, tea time and the intricate process of how each cup is made, reminders of life and love, mandalas, cupboard-carrying men, Sikh beards, the biggest spring rolls to date, clay take-away chai cups. I can't get enough of this amazing, devastating, beautiful, sad, inspiring, motivating, trying, incredible, emotional, earthly, heavenly country. Here, the clouds are in my head.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...