28/09/2011

The matinee of light

The big beautiful city of Barcelona. Light played off Gaudi's organic facades like constellations. And then there was magic, like nothing I have ever seen before. Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, Park and Palau Güell, Sagrada Familia, all homages to Nature, whom I miss whenever I venture into a big city. But then I entered his cathedral and looked up to see a forest canopy, a kaleidoscopic gate to a higher realm, and everything made sense. Like I said, nothing my small self has ever experienced before. I can only imagine what effect it will have once the Spaniards finally finish constructing it. A dance of magical, natural, celestial, genial light. Thank you Gaudi. Thank you, thank you, thank you.




1 comment:

  1. these are so beautiful, Barcelona is on my to-do list, but everyone is beating me to it! have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...