26/08/2012

Ode to South London

Upon arriving in London over 8 months ago, Mr Handsome and I were lucky enough to stay with a friend in Crystal Palace (which I will go into in another post about the significance of the area). There is a not-so-gentle rivalry between North and South Londoners (similar to Capetonians and Joburgers I guess), but from the offset I really enjoyed staying south of the Thames purely from the greenery aspect and I came across some wonderful gems during my time there. A lovely quiet cafe to work from in Forest Hill; an overgrown Victorian cemetery in Nunhead, with saddeningly beautiful gravestone tributes to those who have "fallen asleep"; the Horniman Museum with a free natural history gallery, a shimmering white hothouse and eco cafe; a bowling club revamped into a restaurant with oh-so romantic lighting in Balham; some artisan tea at the Great Exhibit stall in East Dulwich; and the most delicious of all, Brockley Market. Something about Victorian typography, candle light and fresh food that makes me excitable. That and spying super cute doggie twins.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...