16/10/2011

The "home" land

I must admit I have a bit of a biased view of Katowice, where I was born. Coming back to Poland every few years is always an eye opener to say the least. Stalin-hardened interactions, coal-greyed facades, an excess of crows and kebab stands, the same wallpapered corridors ageing year after year. It was a treat meeting my mom here though, seeing old wedding photographs (wasn't my mom a doll?), eating home-cooked food, not sleeping in a dorm, seeing sketches of where I was baptised.

Makes me realise each time the great struggles my parents went through to give me and my sister a better life. A sunnier African one. But I looked hard, and some yellow pretties peeked out from hiding.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...